Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and wish to live to Canada permanently.

Work Experience: Applicants must have 1 year of full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in Canada within the last 3 years. The experience must have been in one or more of these jobs: managerial jobs, professional jobs or technical jobs and skilled trades. Self-employed experience does not count toward the eligible Canadian experience.

Language: If applicants’ occupation is under managerial or professional occupation categories, applicants must meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) of 7 in all four areas including: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. If their occupation falls under technical jobs and skilled trades, they must meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) of 7 in all the four language areas. Applicants must provide approved language test results.

Education: Although there is no formal requirements for education, having a Canadian secondary or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree or equivalent foreign education (with Educational Credential Assessment) can increase points under the Express Entry system and the likelihood of receiving an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

Proof of Funds: Settlement funds are not required under the Canadian Experience Class.

In addition, applicants and family members must not be criminally or medically inadmissible in order to immigrate to Canada.
Tell Us About You