Work Permit

In most cases, foreign nationals who wish to apply for a work permit in order to work in Canada have to first obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer that has successfully acquired a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada. The foreign nationals will then have to submit their work permit applications with the positive LMIA letter provided by their Canadian employers, within six months of the issuance of the LMIA document.

In the work permit application, you (prospective foreign worker) have to demonstrate that you have the relevant experience and/or education to meet the job requirements. Your family members such as spouse or common-law partner and children may be able to apply for an open (non-employer specific) work permit and study permits for Canada while you apply for your work permit.
Tell Us About You